Recent Posts

Friday, April 8, 2011

NGO Spotlight


CVET.

The Community Education Video Trust in Cape Town is compiling a digital reference for of videos dug up from the 1980s and the 1990s,  crucial and telling times during the apartheid. 

I am very proud to say that this is the NGO I have been partnered with for my summer internship in Cape Town, South Africa. CVET began its efforts in 1976.

All of the resources discovered are completely public and are meant to educate the world, not just South Africa, at the peak of the resistance during the apartheid. 

Yet, the core of the NGO is to train the community of video production, this I am sure will be one of the most rewarding things I do in my life. 

Amazingly, CVET wants to progress South Africa's social development while progressing their media development.





0 comments:

Post a Comment